Thursday 28 March 2013

You know you need local government reform when...

Our community has a new leader. The well-known farmer, owner of Çhooks and operator of the ice-cream van, Mr Tony Pratico is now Shire President - an important and influential position.

So I went along to last night's Council meeting and when it came time for questions from the public, I got up and asked him a very simple, but I think pertinent one:  ''What is your vision for the future of Bridgetown-Greenbushes?''

It was met with a stunned silence, and when he recovered his composure the President made this extraordinary statement: "I don't think that is an appropriate question." There was another  pause, until he added: "My vision is to be a part of the decision-making process."

And that was it. That's the guy who is supposed to be charting our course.

Who's running Bridgetown, indeed!




1 comment:

  1. I think someone should have a close look at the situation involving a coffee machine at the rec centre which allegedly could be a conflict of interest with a certain shire president?

    ReplyDelete